Morel MW 144, best small woofer??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I just had a look at the Morel MW 144 5" woofer in the madisound catalog. The frequency response is flat up to 8000 Hz!! even 30 deg off axis.

Is anyone ever used this unit? It looks real good on paper. Looks very well suited for a first order configuration. Any experience?
F

Freq resp

Attachments

• mw144 spl.jpg
    mw144 spl.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 281
"Isn't it quite inefficient?"

Well, 88 dB sensitivity is not so bad. Of course, I would like 92 dB but many small woofers are less efficient (Seas W12= 85 dB)

Of course, frequency response is not all, that's why I am wondering if anyone used these or other Morel small woofers to know if they sound good...
F

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I've been thinking about using two of these with a morel DMS37 in an mtm config for a while.

Time is a major problem for me, and I have not been in here for quite a while, but listening to my existing speakers lately has me thinking I should make some time ;)

I've been told that if you flush mount the tweeter, and surface mount the mids it will be properly time aligned too....... and very good with a 1st order crossover...... try modelling two in (I think) a 10L sealed enclosure and see how you go (you will most likely decide you need a sub as well)

edit: try this for slightly more info :) http://www.eltimaudio.com/products/mw 144 datasheet.pdf

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.