On Wall LCR to replace KEF Q900 floorstanders

Good evening to all!

I want to migrate to ON\IN WALL speakers in a 13x21 room.(3.1 to 5.1)
Moving on from KEF q900 floorstanders and and corresponding Center Channel. VIA Yamaha RX-A830

More kids on the way, need space!!!!

IM mostly interested in Music ( Jazz , pink floyd, etc..) more so than HT. I like the fullest sound a the lowest volume.

Need
1- On\IN Wall recommandations (DIY also welcomed)
AMP\processor recommendations, will be streaming media via Apple TV, FIRETV , WINDOWS based laptops

Budget is 3-5k

Thank you all for your inputs!!!

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
If you want to keep it simple going onto the walls, you're going to have the speakers pointing straight down the room so you want to consider side wall treatment.

Why not just cut into the wall and mount your speaker flush, and build what you want within the constraints.

Maybe something alone these lines could fit:

C211 OR C221

Commercial surround speakers like JBL 8340 / Klipsch 1201 could also provide the low profile (<1') required for on-wall / behind screen usage, but these usually need to be crossed over much higher (~80-100Hz). Also check the radiation pattern for directivity, if choosing surrounds.

GM

Joined 2003
Got a local used lumber, building materials, etc., emporium or know a commercial builder and/or does renovations to buy from or can help him in the tear down as 'payment' for much/all of the materials? Not to mention you'll have more control on how intact it is, which is reason enough IME!

I've expanded/built whole rooms, add on carport/garages, sheds for next to nothing, though of course any concrete/roofing/finishing materials [and labor if done by others].

edit; Oh, forgot to mention a long gone neighbor's ~600 ft net false wall 15" stereo IB woofer system add-on in his below grade poured concrete basement. ;) After spending thousands [in today's dollars], there wasn't much budget left.

Last edited: