Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

First CAD-based loudspeaker project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th May 2021, 10:28 AM   #1
zamrate is offline zamrate
diyAudio Member

Default First CAD-based loudspeaker project

Hello community,
this is my first post. I built some speakers in the past, but never used any computer simulation to design them.
This time I designed a bass-reflex loudspeaker using Boxsim (Boxsim - Homepage) with Visaton drivers.
I have attached the frequency range that Boxsim computed. As you can see, I did a tradeoff of losing sensitivity for gaining bass response (the 10mH coil in parallel with the 2.2/1.5Ohm resistors is basically a low-shelf filter).
The frequency range, as seen on screen is +/-2dB @ 32Hz-20kHz which seems extremely good for a loudspeaker of this size - But that's all only on screen... Since I have no experience in this domain, I would like to get some approval/criticism from the loudspeaker experts in here. I don't want to build the speaker only to find out that it sucks. Therefore, please go ahead and let me know what you think of this design. All criticism welcome - but please always with rational arguments. Thanks in advance!

For reference, here are the drivers I used:
W 170 S - 4 Ohm | Visaton
G 20 SC - 8 Ohm | Visaton
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.PNG (56.1 KB, 75 views)
File Type: png 2.PNG (15.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: png 3.PNG (13.8 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by zamrate; 4th May 2021 at 10:56 AM.
Old 4th May 2021, 11:11 AM   #2
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Moderator

Hi, zamrate. Since you are a new member, your posts and edits are under moderation.
  Reply to this post

First CAD-based loudspeaker projectHide this!Advertise here!