Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Affordable(?) 3-way
Affordable(?) 3-way
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th April 2021, 12:39 PM   #1
pjblakey is offline pjblakey  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Affordable(?) 3-way

Ive been intrigued with the Philharmonitor BMR reviews, but had no desire to part with that sort of money, so I put together a pair of 3-ways using Hivi RT1.3 tweeters that Santa brought, and my Nomex 6.5 woofers that I have had for ages. I did splurge and bought a pair of Tectonic BMRs for midrange.
I salvaged and reconstructed cabinets from some TL enclosures, 8 wide and 12 deep.
I went totally active with the aid of a couple of Minidsp 2x4s. I already had one serving my LXminis.
I picked up a a Rotel 100w x2 amplifier for $60 on CL to go along with the NAD 7100 and 2155 that I used with my LXminis.
Crossed at 900hz and 3500hz LR4 and with a little EQ, they sound really good.
Very impressed with the mid driver, which I played full range for a while before final assembly. Female voice is to die for.
Im going to replace the woofers with Dayton RS180p-4 since the Nomex drivers belong in my 2-way speakers. The Daytons are on sale at PE and may provide a little more low bass.
Stay safe and keep building.
Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2FAD8131-E86A-4D92-87F9-FDCE018119DB.jpg (364.1 KB, 64 views)
  Reply to this post

Affordable(?) 3-wayHide this!Advertise here!