Comprehensive resource for comparing DIY speaker kits

I have attempted to create that resource. I have created a database and am including data points from the many popular designs from the many known designer and retailer

Favorite links/resources - E-Zees Crossovers

This spreadsheet is sortable and searchable by any of its columns. It will allow any viewer to compare from amongst all of the databased speaker designs, in one location. You will be able to
-search for kits using a specific brand or model of woofer/tweeter
-sort by speaker size or cabinet size
-sort by price of the bare speakers
-filter between fully published designs and those that require purchase of kit or plans from the designer.

Any data column can be sorted or searched. Are there other data columns I should add?

Currently I plan to host the searchable database on the homepage at ezeescrossovers.com. but it could be moved later once fully developed. If the above image isn't large enough to easily read, you can go straight to that site to see the same preview.

What I'm asking for here is some feedback and recommendations. Looking at that spreadsheet are there other data fields that are critical for this type of compilation? Is this even a resource that anyone else might feel is beneficial? I'd be grateful for some discussion. From my own limited perspective, I've spent countless hours bouncing back and forth from numerous web resources, searching potential speaker models for retail cost, looking at cabinet dimensions, and am hoping that a labor contribution to compile that all into one place might be appreciated.

Please be understanding that this is still under development and the web page itself is also under development. My hope is for assistance in final modification before the searchable database is finalized and published. You will see that the current tabs have designs separated by publicly published designs, unpublished designs purchasable only from the designer, with a third tab for some of the one-off designs which are published but not belonging to major designer or retailer.

Open to your thoughts.

Last edited:
I moved the table to a different location on the website. I've slowed down considerable on adding new designs while I finish up some other projects. There are about 170 designs in the table.

Additionally, I'm offering crossover assembly services for anyone interested. Most of those customers are coming from interactions on a different forum, but feel free to reach out if you have a project I could be of assistance with.

Elon

I moved the table to a different location on the website. I've slowed down considerable on adding new designs while I finish up some other projects. There are about 170 designs in the table.

Additionally, I'm offering crossover assembly services for anyone interested. Most of those customers are coming from interactions on a different forum, but feel free to reach out if you have a project I could be of assistance with.

Elon

Congratulations, Elon. This is an outstanding effort. It must have taken a great deal of time and will certainly be of value to a lot of people here trying to select a DIY design to build.

I think you probably have all of Jeff Bagby's designs except for one. Specifically the Piccolos. I've already built one set of them and am building my second set now. You can find the details at Piccolo Bare Bones Kit (Pair) - Meniscus Audio if you would like to add it to the list

Last edited:
Thank you to those voicing support for the resource. I did add the piccolo design mentioned by classicalfan. Yea, it's been a lot of hours of work, not just searching through data but also learning enough coding for the table and website.

Challenges include individually determining sizes and prices for drivers, while also filtering and removing designs with no longer available drivers. Another challenge is there are so many designs. A couple designers and consumers have contacted me sounding offended that their designs weren't included. Some of them aren't included because I wasn't aware of them because they don't have enough market share and aren't mainstream enough and aren't being discussed. Some are antiquated. Some are unproven with very little customer support so deliberately not included. Heck some of the designs that are included are very popular but still underperform compared to other options. No way to make everyone happy but I have tried to create the resource that I always wish existed.

My intent is for a quick search in one location, showing size and cost, without manually having to search dozens of forum thread pages, and then individually searching for those drivers only to find out they are no longer available or out of your intended price bracket.

As long as it is of perceived benefit and gets some use I will maintain the resource but the next challenge for me to undertake is determining methods of how to make it accessible so that it's existence is even known.