Meniscus Continuum 2 Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just finished my first multi-way speaker build (it has a crossover). I'm an experienced woodworker & toy around with lutherie so I have tools, machines, etc.

I wanted to make a set of sealed box monitors for the shop so they could be placed against the wall & I decided on the Meniscus Continuum 2 monitors (Bagley BBC LS3/5A inspired).

I may be enamored with them since I constructed them from a box of drivers & raw electrical components but they sound really nice! They don't blow your mind when you first hear them but as you chill out, relax a little, and listen they're very good. I have a set of Revel Ultima Gems which I'm sure will surpass them head to head but I'm not missing them yet.

So now I'm intrigued. The 2's use a Morel tweeter while the original design used a the Dayton RS28A-4's which are no longer available but apparently they're out there. I realize that the Dayton tweeters will require the crossover to be changed but has anyone listened to the 2 configurations side by side? I'm really enjoying the Continuum 2's.

Thanks

Attachments

• SpeakerBuild.jpg
    SpeakerBuild.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Continuum2.jpg
    Continuum2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 111
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.