Seos-12 waveguides?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Bit of a long shot, but it never hurts to try! Does anyone have a couple of new and unused Seos-12 waveguides collecting dust that they'd be willing to part with? If you're in the EU that's even better due to the logistics of shipping. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4F9B0848-83B1-41D9-B9F6-DE4A6E72FC9C.jpeg
    4F9B0848-83B1-41D9-B9F6-DE4A6E72FC9C.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 475
but those are glossy white glassfiber copies, I’m looking for the original black plastic ones.

FYI, the "original + first" SEOS waveguides were all made in Poland and then imported by Erich ( diysg ) into the US ( after the SEOS design was finalized over at AVS due to a collaborative design effort ).

Read We need a little Rallying Here! for a bit of education about the "How + Why" the SEOS design came into existence.

It's more likely ( due to how things get developed for molds ) that Erich's plastic SEOS guides are copies ( 3D laser copied from the original fiberglass examples > and then molded from that data ).

( IOW ), you might as well purchase them from the original maker ( IMHO ).

Those waveguides used to be available in many different colors ( including mat black >> simply ask the manufacturer ).

:)

Last edited:
The development details are all in that thread.

Yes, it was a collaborative design effort ( including Canada, the US and Europe ).

( From memory ) Erich definitely mass produced the SEOS for US consumption but he wasn't the first to deliver/make the working prototypes.

:)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Whats about the Parts Express Denovo Seos 12?

Denovo Audio SEOS-12 Waveguide 2/3 Bolt Matte with 1-3/8"-18 TPI Adapter

I think that these are the parts that Erich had made in the USA. But I'm not sure!

The processing quality is mediocre. But that depends on the point of view.

I have 5 of these in black matte which I would like to sell only completely !!

3 are unused

2 are used and have adhesive residue from clear Tesa tape in 2 places.

Just tried to remove the residue with window cleaner(Sidolin), unsuccessfully.

Only wiped the spots very lightly twice and now I don't want to fumble too

much so as not to make it worse

Photos are taken after my try to remove and without dusting them.

The front screw holes are virgin on all 5.

Unfortunately I can only find 2 unused seals and 3 1-3 / 8 "-18 TPI adapters for screw mounting.

It is highly unlikely that the other seals and adapters will still be found.

The parts have been in a smoker's household with a cat for 5 years.

As a chain smoker I don't smell anything, but I can't rule out animal hair and the smell of nicotine.

In addition, I'm not the fastest when it comes to shipping!

If so, I would have to somehow find suitable packaging.

My desired price for all 5 together would be 125 € + DHL shipping from Germany.

I just have no idea what DHL will take for that. If your shipping adress is in the Netherlands

and not in outer space than I think it can not be too much because the Denovo Horns are not heavy.

20201024_221752.jpg

20201024_221817.jpg

20201024_221836.jpg

20201024_222026.jpg

20201024_222132.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.