QSC 2150'ish build planning - feedback please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm starting on a project to build LCRs, I've fell in love with the QSC SC 2150 horn. However I want to DIY it with different drivers.

So idea is to build a ported box for the LF section and use the QSC 2150 horn.

Speaker choices:

Low Freq:
Use only 1 18" woofer
Celestion FTR18-4080F
404 Not Found
I want to create a ported box of ~200 liters so it's flat until 50hz or so, I will cross with a sub for real lows
This deviates from the QSC 2150 usage of 2 15" woofers.
Use up to 500hz

Mid:
Celestion CF0617M
Celestion CF0617M - Cast Chassis Mid-Range Driver
Use from 500hz to 2khz
The QSC 2150 uses the celestion TF0615 and it's like a diff of 5db lower than my choice of the newer CF0617M

High:
Selenium D220ti 8ohm with the eminence adapter so I can get it on the horn
From 2khz to end. From the specs it appears to be a great driver with flat range.

The actual design of the real QSC SC 2150 is crossed at 500/2.2k using different drivers and the LF portion uses 2 15".

For crossovers, I see parts express has 500hz and 2k lpf/hpf filters for 8ohm. They're 2nd order. I was thinking of using these. And use an lpad for the tweeter to bring it down to level match

Should I expect surprises by using those drivers in the 2150 mid/high horn?

Would I be close enough with this design and crossover? What risks do I face? Is there anything obvious that is terrible about this? Am I out to lunch?

Thanks a bunch for any feedback.

I'm planning to buy the waveguide directly from the QSC website. It says they are currently out of stock but I put myself on the wait-list. Thanks for the CD suggestions, I'll take a deeper look. My aims are high sensitivity and flat response as possible because I'm using it for 100% HT. I prefer the receiver to do a rolloff/etc of a flat speaker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.