Renkus Heinz 1996 unity horn patent? US5526456A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, it's JBL CMCD 2169H. The picture was taking during the temporary setup for the test between two conceptions. Top is JBL 2435HPL. Even thought the 2169 has 320Hz Fr it's sound like it has more "body" then PHL1070 with the 130hz Fr. But PHL has a bit more air. Both are very nice midrange drivers.

"so your RH box stock had two 6.5" drivers fed in the vertical slots and you added 2*10" drivers that go into the ports?"

Yes. I installed two 10" slot loaded and compared it with 15" direct and the basshorn. Obviously basshorn didn't work well up to 350hz. The kick (B&C NW76) is huge and a lot of details are there, but in 300Hz+ range you should see a cone of transducer, otherwise you got a problem.

"Also whats going on with the compression driver mount/throat? it looks very unusual externally. "
It seems that it has a vertical throat. The crossover is 350/2.500hz. I really like the highs from 1" driver of RH. It's really, really good.

In my next test I compared same drivers (PHLs), using the same cross (I know it's not fare, but...) in MTM configuration with the RH Synergy type and MTM just blow out of water the Synergy. The sound is more open, more details and more realism. No measurements were made, just hearing test.

Unfortunately...
Too many speakers and not enough space.
After the test all my 3 RH ended up in garbage, and the drivers piles up in storage.
I still fighting with the JBL2435HPL. It's a magic driver but also have some problems.
IMHO.

Attachments

• RH.PNG
    RH.PNG
    127.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.