Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Does anyone have specs for the Anarchy-558?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2020, 02:41 AM   #1
DaveFred is online now DaveFred  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Does anyone have specs for the Anarchy-558?

Hello,

Looking for information on the Anarchy-558,

- T/S Specs
- Frequency response graph
- Physical dimensions

I emailed the company two years ago asking for this info, and their response was that it going to be posted "soon". I emailed again recently and received a similar answer.

This begs the question, why try so hard to buy something the company does not seem interested in selling. Good Point. But the 7xx series are well reviewed and I would like a similar 5'ish woofer in that price range.

Anyone?

Thank you,

David.
Old 29th June 2020, 04:33 AM   #2
ernperkins is offline ernperkins  United States
diyAudio Member

Look at post #9 in this thread on the PETT forum: LINK. This author calls it the Anarchy 150, but it's what is now called the Anarchy 558.

It's too bad that Erich at diysoundgroup didn't respond. He's really a good guy. He does have a full time job and only runs diysoundgroup in his spare time to benefit DIYers. I doubt he makes much (if any) profit on it.
Old 29th June 2020, 06:46 AM   #3
Patrick Bateman is offline Patrick Bateman  United States
diyAudio Member

Here's my measurement of the 4ohm version of the woofer :

XBL 6" Woofer

I highly recommend buying a DATS, it's essential for this hobby
Old 26th August 2020, 12:54 AM   #4
Frabor is offline Frabor  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Amplifying DATS 3? Line input wave synth.

Just got dats two weeks ago. Its a really cool custom oscillation for audio. Really amazing that now so long ago you needed a desk full of equipment and more than a extra magnitude on dollars to achieve the same functionality.

I really like the wave synth but it is really low power. What about sunning into a "speaker input amp", and use it to generate waves. Patrick, you were mentioning before that due to the low output the Qts were a little bit too high if I recall correctly. Would amplification solve that issue?

Any thoughts of feasibility of the dats 3 becoming a line input wave generator?

Last edited by Frabor; 26th August 2020 at 01:08 AM.
Old 26th August 2020, 01:16 AM   #5
Patrick Bateman is offline Patrick Bateman  United States
diyAudio Member

It would probably break it. I've broken a WT2 and a WT3 by hooking them up wrong.

Basically if you connect them to any kind of power source they die. And what always happens to me is that I'll be busy measuring a speaker, will inevitably hook something up wrong, run a sweep through what I *think* is my speaker that turns out to be my woofer tester, and POOF it dies.

I have the new DATS arriving tomorrow. The new one fixes the issue described in my post, about it not being able to do a good measurement of any woofer that's low efficiency. (The new one is the one that's in an aluminum case; the old one was a plastic USB dongle.)

The new DATS has a higher output voltage.
Old 29th August 2020, 12:14 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I had an issue with mine, it seems that I could not calibrate it correctly at start up. After 10 minutes on, the calibration with the built in resistor was fine.
Old 29th August 2020, 01:53 AM   #7
swann is offline swann  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

sorry for the little Off.T. but to read that other people have/had the same problems or just say,...reminding trouble not to hook dats to an amp or power source, is quiet reassuring. Did break mine twice but it was always the same issue...fried the small amplifier chip on the circut board.
So if you've got this kind off problem, it mostly is because of a burned amp chip on the dats, sometimes you can see it on the ic because of the burn marks.

But, its possible to desolder and to put on a new ic, to put it up running again. Its an texas instruments TPA6111A2DR which you can find for a few bucks.

So dont throw away a broken dats, mostly the die of these broken ic, which costs a fraction of a new dats.
But solder and desolder only with steady hands :-D, thats why a broke my in the end (third time) and switched to v3...

Cheers Swany
Old 29th August 2020, 07:33 AM   #8
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Plots: Driver Evaluations for a new project - Page 9

Last edited by GM; 29th August 2020 at 07:35 AM.
Old 30th August 2020, 04:43 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Anarchy 554 TS and impedance curve

This is a chart from Evil Twin @ DFAL More info on the link. Includes TS and impedance curve for the 554
Old 30th August 2020, 06:07 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default chart

anarchy impedance.png
  Reply to this post

Does anyone have specs for the Anarchy-558?Hide this!Advertise here!