Event 20/20 BAS V3 noise issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Event 20/20 BAS V3's and one of them developed a noise about 1 year after purchase (2014) which sounded like a noisey pot being rotated really slowly (low freq rumble/scratchy kinda noise). The noise would go away if you moved the bass potentiometer. The noise would then come back intermittently, sometimes right away and sometimes you wouldn't hear it for weeks.

Took the speakers back to the shop but they couldn't hear it. (It was pretty quiet and they were trying to listen in a noisey shop so not surprised) After i got them back it stopped happening so I left it at that.

Fast forward to now and the noise has come back, this time it's much louder and it won't go away with moving the pot so I assume the pot needs replaced. Event have discontinued the speakers and perhaps went bust? Anyway I'm going to replace the bass pot and might as well do the treble while I'm there.

I have attached some images of the circuit board where the pots are mounted, they are the blue pots, black one is for volume.

Lychee

Does anyone have a schematic for these speakers?
Has anyone else repaired these speakers and knows of a good quality drop in replacement or the pots?

Update: After speaking with Rode Microphones (they used to own Event or something) they kindly advised me of the following: "The Bass and Treble pots are both 10K linear pots. I am unsure of the brand of the pots as our service engineer has only specified the values."

I fully stripped my speaker to be able to measure the pots to order a replacement. I found that Alps RK09K1130081 look like a good replacement and should fit minus the knobs. I went ahead and ordered 2 and put the speaker back together to make sure the issue was still present and its fixed itself!

I've got the parts coming anyway so if the issue returns I'll do a replacement video and stick it on YouTube to hopefully help someone else

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.