TPL-150 matched par or not? (does it matter?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am thinking of buying a pair of Beam TPL-150 or TPL-150H for a new project including some Beyma 12p80ndv2 which I already own.
I have the opertunety to buy a used pair for a god price, or I can buy a new "matched pair" to almost twice the price...
Will the matched pair result in better sound quality?

I am using the an all digital Dirac Live based room correction unit from Mini-DSP (DDRC-22D) and also using active crossovers.

puppet:
thx for your response, I me self also had a felling that I should go with my wallet, but can you specify your reason thinking so?

Is it because you do not believe that a "matched" pair is matched any better than the continuity that Beyma's own quality control ensures that there is between all the TPL-150 already?

Or is it because a matched pair is probably only matched in terms of impedance and stil could have slightly different frequency response?

Or is it because a slightly different frequency response doesn't matter when the mini DSP is correcting the frequency response to match my personal house curve?

Last edited:
Would not pay extra for matched tpl's, i believe they are matched enough allready.

I bought aurasound nt1-208, they should be bought matched if you want pair. I bought 4 and got quite nice pair, one of those four was unusable

Unuseble dos not sound god... however I would much like your opinion on, if you think non-matching tweeters is stil a problem if using active crossovers and dsp corrections, or if it is only a problem for passive systems?

Old Qua, you could realistically use all of what you posted as a reason. I use Heil's AMT's and each of those has a slightly different frequency response. ... but you should take into consideration that with two channel stereo, each channel produces slightly different responses anyway. Doesn't bother me enough to go after it, even though I could. You might make a different call in that regard.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.