Q113 / Pandion

In looking for the next project I stumbled on to information about System Audio's design process of Pandion speakers. It seems that the designs were largely based on volunteer work and some or maybe all of the data was published on a blog.

I've seen that there were two versions: evolution and revolution. I understand that the evolution became Pandion 2 and revolution became Pandion 30. I don't know how close the final evolution/revolution information is to the Pandion 2/30.

I am having difficulty in finding the the designs of the final Q113 and/or Pandion.

Does anyone have diagrams/drawings/schematics/parts list for Q113?

Thanks!

Plans for the q113 can be found online but it takes some digging

I have crossover schematics and cabinet drawings for both pandion 2 and 5.

The only difference between them are cabinet size and different values on some components in the crossover.
The cost of building them are the same for both.
Funny how the price for the pandion 5 are double of the pandion 2.
They only use cheap components in the crossover, same for the pandion 30, the 50 I don't know.

But I see no reason to build them other than fun when you can buy them used for only a little more then DIY

But I see no reason to build them other than fun when you can buy them used for only a little more then DIY

System Audio is really hard to buy in Australia. There is 1 place that I know of that sells them. The price is high. They are clearing out stock so the prices are better but still high. After that I have no idea where to buy them as I have not seen them on second hand market.

I like how the System Audio speakers sound, the ones that I heard. I own Saxo 50 that I bought. They were the floor clearance stock and the price was really good.

My interest is because I like how they sound. More importantly I was hoping to use the design and change the crossover to active. So I wanted to see how good they can become with the change in crossovers.

As the project was an open collaboration I thought it would be ok to use it as a reference. It's a known reference so a good starting point.

Plans for the q113 can be found online but it takes some digging

I have crossover schematics and cabinet drawings for both pandion 2Hi,

Is it possible to get crossover schematics for Pandion 2?
Best regards

viski
and 5.

The only difference between them are cabinet size and different values on some components in the crossover.
The cost of building them are the same for both.
Funny how the price for the pandion 5 are double of the pandion 2.
They only use cheap components in the crossover, same for the pandion 30, the 50 I don't know.

Hello Viski,

In attach you can find the drawings and schema for the Q113 Evolution. I think this corresponds with the Pandion 2.
Despite the fact that Q113 was an open source project not much information is available. At least, I did not find much. So I asked Ole Witthoft of System Audio directly and he was so kind to respond me with the information in attachment.

I hope this is helpfull for you!

Regards,

Daniël Q113 Evolution - Cabinet drawing.jpg Q113 Evolution - Crossover diagram.jpg Q113 Evolution - damping material.jpg Q113 Evolution - Dimensions.jpg Q113 Evolution - PCB lay-out.jpg Q113 Evolution cabinet - hi res 1.jpeg Q113 Evolution cabinet - hi res 2.jpeg

Hello Viski,

In attach you can find the drawings and schema for the Q113 Evolution. I think this corresponds with the Pandion 2.
Despite the fact that Q113 was an open source project not much information is available. At least, I did not find much. So I asked Ole Witthoft of System Audio directly and he was so kind to respond me with the information in attachment.

Regards,

Daniël View attachment 1015157 View attachment 1015158 View attachment 1015159 View attachment 1015160 View attachment 1015161 View attachment 1015162 View attachment 1015163

Thank you.

Hello Viski,

Regards,

Daniël View attachment 1015157 View attachment 1015158 View attachment 1015159 View attachment 1015160 View attachment 1015161 View attachment 1015162 View attachment 1015163

Thanks for posting those. I did get the drawings in April 2020 but have not read the forums for a couple of years, and have not had time to build the speakers. The crossovers are done but enclosures are not.

Did you make the speakers? What drivers did you use? d2905-990000 and 15w-4531g00? If you did make the speakers then how do they sound?