Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Strange Frequency response?
Strange Frequency response?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2020, 05:17 PM   #11
ghettoblasterfanatic is offline ghettoblasterfanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLB View Post
Try checking the sample rate first. It should be set to 48KHz or higher.
You say that the response is of the tweeter, but the tweeter you describe has a low frequency resonance of 710Hz, in which case there is something wrong at low frequencies as well.

Peter
Actually sorry, I should have been more clear, the frequency response is of the tweeter and the woofer, not only the tweeter. I figured it out though so all is good now.
Old 27th March 2020, 05:20 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltersys View Post
1) The spec sheet shows the RST28F around -4dB at 20kHz on axis, yours appears around -10dB, about -6 dB difference.
+/-3 dB response variations between units are usually considered "normal", and slight variations of angle can increase those differences. Those variations alone could account for the difference shown, without considering your mic response deviations.
2)Most adult hearing response drops off -10 to -30dB at 15kHz, so we don't hear a lack of something we already hardly hear ;^)
Actually it was the position I was measuring the response at. I thought I was measuring it at ear level but turns out I was a bit too low. I hope my hearing hasn't started to drop off already, I'm not an adult yet actually still a teenager lol, but I figured it out now so all is good.
Old 27th March 2020, 05:22 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Thanks everyone for your help, I did figure out the problem, and it was my microphone placement. I had thought I had been measuring at ear level, but infact I was a little lower than I should have been. I raised the microphone and made sure this time it was truly at ear level, my measurements look a lot more "normal" now, thanks again!

Strange Frequency response?Hide this!Advertise here!