Two midranges wired out of phase in the same cabinet...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, I've got a pair of a/d/s/ AVT-148 speakers. They're 3-way tower with a 8" woofer, 2x 4" cone midranges and a 1" tweeter per cabinet. The midranges and tweeter are aligned in MTM configuration. I was surprised when I opened up the crossover network. I found that the two midranges, in the same cabinet, are wired out of phase to each other and with series wiring. Each driver is 4 ohms. So, they are 8 ohms for midrange section. I remove the crossover to use with an 8-ohm driver. They sounds normal. Nothing abnormal as unexpected. Please tell me what is the purpose of wiring the midranges out of phase? Thank you in advance.

It sometimes happens that a new/extra worker on assembly line "corrects" something she thinks is wrong. Are the any strange paint of marker markings on contacts of drivers?

Are you the first owner?

Perhaps QC isn't 100%, can you measure the response?

s-l1600.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.