High End Bookshelf Speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently I designed a new build using the Dayton Esoteric and Peerless Corundum drivers for a YouTuber named Doublsmm. He wanted me to design him some new bookshelf speakers for his theater. So I designed him 3 identical fronts using the 7" Esoteric driver and two rears using the esoteric 5" driver. Overall I think they came out really nice. He kept his sealed, but I ported mine. And I must say, I really love the Eso 7's ported. They have a real nice smooth sound to them. But I was a little disappointed with how they measured. They have a nasty peak right around 1khz (which is very audible. But once I got that tamed down, they really came alive. Here is a basic build video. I'll post some photos of the drivers down under.

YouTube

Last edited:
Photos of the drivers I used. The Dayton Esoteric 7, the Dayton Esoteric 5.5 and the Peerless Corundum

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.