Mundorf AMT 23CM1.1-C no love for those tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Super buzzy these days :mad:.
The ones i got, look like a left-over party.
Un-like the ones i wanted and, the ones i got have the Mundorf name, printed on the front ( did not want that). The pleated diaphragm, is goldish, instead of being yellow. They have the 8 long ''slots'' but, 2 short ones, like a
AMT23D6.1-C Dipole...
Diaphragm, is like the AMT's 19 or 21.
Mine are closed-back, non dipole.
So, they look like a dipole front, with their low cost diaphragm and their printed name on the front...
I was not happy. Maybe, i hate them too much, to realise how good they sound! :eek:

I would insist on a re-fund or at least send the displayed product. Demand it or else threaten name and shame. That is too much money to spend on an incorrectly shipped item!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

It sounds like Mundorf updated the faceplate after the pics were taken.

The mono and dipoles tend to look exactly the same from the front. If the faceplate is different than the picture, it's probably just an update.

The real tell is the frequency response plot. The charts from Mundorf are spot on. Do a close-mic measurement and you'll see.

It sounds like Mundorf updated the faceplate after the pics were taken.

The mono and dipoles tend to look exactly the same from the front. If the faceplate is different than the picture, it's probably just an update.

The real tell is the frequency response plot. The charts from Mundorf are spot on. Do a close-mic measurement and you'll see.

Thanks Erik!. I do not have measuring equipment, just a Woofer Tester 2 ( AMT's can't be tested on those), BassBox-6 and X-O 3 software.
I'm x-ing the AMT's @ 1600hz tho so yeah, low... 1st order too so, they probably have too much work on their plates. The mids, being 6 inchers, wouldn't meet-up cleanly, if i x-ed higher.

Bought those tweeters 2 years ago and, they still don't match the ones on their site and, they did update their picts last year so :mad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.