Analog Active X-Over Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so I tried to get started with a hypex dsp board. I'm not having a lot of luck with approximating analog filters with DSP because the way the Hypex software seems to handle the time domain. The software is extraordinarily buggy and is constantly loosing settings or edits I make.

I want to mention that I'm not a Hypex hater. Infact, I'm a HUGE Hypex fan, but their DSP, not so. Disregarding the buggy software, the sound quality of the DSP board is beyond horrid.

I'm playing with the filter settings to get things in the ballpark. At this point I think I'm going to shift to doing my design work on VituxCAD. The more I use that software the more I like it.

After playing with a multitude of design options, I keep coming back to the same crossover stages. I think at this point I will lay out a board to accomplish a 4th order crossover with baffle step correction, and tweeter time delay. Once I get there, I will have a bunch made and I can populate them with different component values to make a few variations to choose from.

The Douglas Self book has been a huge help, but so has the simple guide put out by TI.

Oddly enough I never would have imagined that the balanced input would have taken so much time. I have built a bunch of prototype boards and bought an old Audio Precision 2522 for testing. Once I settle on a design I will transfer that schematic to the crossover design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.