3 way front loaded horn bass bin nob question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would simply let the drivers go as low as they reasonably can while optimizing them for the crossover - not the low-end. Then boost up the low-end with multiple subs, all overlapping and Eq'd as a single system. This way it makes no difference how low the mains can go.

My 15" mains only go down to about 60 Hz, but my room response, with subs, is fairly flat down to about 20 Hz.

I would simply let the drivers go as low as they reasonably can while optimizing them for the crossover - not the low-end. Then boost up the low-end with multiple subs, all overlapping and Eq'd as a single system. This way it makes no difference how low the mains can go.

My 15" mains only go down to about 60 Hz, but my room response, with subs, is fairly flat down to about 20 Hz.

Thanks, that cleared up a question I've been wondering about. I didn't know if we should cut off the low frequency in the mains.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.