Constant directivity speakers - are they rare?

Hello,

I am looking for speakers with a constant directivity as low as possible. So basicaly something like this:

directivity_hor.png

But I have trouble finding speakers like that, since a lot of developers don't upload directivity graphs.

Can you help me out?

This is more or less what I am after in my "20-20k dipole" project. See thread in the Multi-way forum.

A dipole is a great way to get constant directivity, and you can get this across the entire audio band if you take care in your design choices.

Another approach towards the goal of constant directivity that I want to try in the near future is an 18" woofer plus a CD+large horn tweeter. I have all the parts in hand, but need to build the enclosure, etc. and this is a very slow process for me.

That looks interesting as well.

In regards to this question:
What coverage angle are you looking for? That would rule out some of this these options: omnipole, dipole, cardioid, horn.
I dont have any preferences, so I am basically just looking for well thought out concepts :)

An in the end maybe build different ones and compare, what is more to my linking.

I dont have any preferences, so I am basically just looking for well thought out concepts :)

Well, it might seem like that, but that cannot be completely true. Do you want/need this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

or
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Both are Porsche's, and both are well thought out concepts. Both however have vastly different use cases.

Same applies here...

As for diy projects (or related topics), iIm guessing that in any point in time at least one or two of them are on the first two page of this subforum, so they are definitely not uncommon.