crites woofers vs eminence alpha series woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Specs for Crites CW1526C woofer? | Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
Crites cast woofer OR eminence kappa 15c for cornwall type bass bin - Technical/Modifications - The Klipsch Audio Community

"I used the Eminence Kappa 15C in my Cornscala's, similar specs, half the price. They sound great too. I called Eminence and this was the closest to the 1526C they had. IF Eminence is building them for Bob, they are not selling an exact match to the public. Down the road when I hit the Lotto, I'll spring for the 1526's"

The Crites CW1526V is said to be similar to the Eminence Kappa 15C according to these links, not Alpha.

Xmax is different: 2.3 mm (Eminence Kappa 15C) vs 7.15 mm (Crites CW1526C). That's a difference of a factor 3.1 or 10 dB in excursion limited maximum SPL. Other than that, the Thiele and Small parameters are similar.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.