Need help with enclosure design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need some help with enclosure design for a multi way system, but will just start with the sub woofer section.
I can and have built the amplification systems for this final stage of sound expression, but need help with the enclosure requirements of these great drivers.
I have all of the stats, but (embarrassingly) don't understand this part of acoustic reproduction.
Thanks for your time.
Donovan

You are absolutely right.
I've posted this in many forums hoping for an answer.
Here are some of the specs. I'f anyone is interested, Please contact me. I have a full set of drivers that I will provide for free of charge for their help.

Thanks for your time,
Donovan

10" Foster No Steel Poly 9.58 21.5 2.952 0.444 0.386 103.84 0.000561 97.8 215 16.87 85.47 73.2 0.03631 12.5 8.0 33.0 Aluminum 4 50 260 230 8.4

I have more specs and details. But I need a solid fill from 150hz down. Driver count is variable. Frequency response is not.

Last edited:
What you've given us there is a list of numbers, with no indication of what the numbers mean.
I can guess a few of them, but it'd be much easier to post the complete data set that you have. The following information would also be useful:

- Cabinet size constraints
- Desired low-frequency cutoff
- Amplifier power
- How many drivers are actually available for your use
- What signal processing is available to you

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.