Have these Caps been bypassed in this picture ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It`s been suggested to me by a knowledgeable member of another forum to just replace the caps exactly as they are and with the exact same values and put new/upgraded ones in.

Also he suggested that the Vishay bypass cap can stay as is but if I wanted to I could replace it too.

Sounds reasonable to me..I was looking to make the change out as simple as possible because my soldering skills are terrible.

Any opinion`s on this approach ?

Thanks Tim.
So, I can use 2 caps rated at 100uf 100V to replace those 8 100uf 50V for the subwoofer and then 1 100uf 100V to replace the 4 for the midrange then correct ??

Just want to get the parts needed on the way...

That’s exactly how I see it. Just replace each cluster with a 100uf 100v cap and you should be right to go. If you go with poly caps as replacements, then you may find the sound is a bit brighter than before. See if you like it first.
If you don’t like the sound, then you’ll have to go back to original, and have learned a whole lot in the process.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.