Driver recommendations for project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,
I'm planning on building a portable speaker in a suitcase, or some other repurposed vessel. I'm going to be using this amp...

TPA3116D2 Bluetooth 4.2 Digital 2.1 Audio Amplifier Board DC 12-24V 100W+50W+50W | eBay

I have a Tang Band sub picked out that I think will work well. Tang Band W5-1138SMF. Planning on finding a way to port that in whatever container I pop it in.

Any recommendations for a pair of low cost mid bass drivers, and maybe tweeters that might work well with this? Madisound has a great deal on these tweeters that physically look like theyd be great for something like this....

Madisound - Page Not Found

Side note, I'm a super novice, bit dont mind building a crossover from plans. Designing my own? Nah.

Thanks

Chris

PS Damn the devils that made me want to do this. Haha!

Does not look like an option suited to your speaker design skills. I recommend simplifying it to a WAW system, woofer assisted wide band speaker. Seek advice on a wide band speaker unit at full range forum, the one with really good high frequency extension, and use your chosen woofer. Hopefully this ebay amp is good enough to be usable at all with its low/high passing circuitry.

Hi and thanks for the reply. I'm not concerned about the amp. Its virtually the same amp as this one that has fantastic reviews...

Sure Electronics AA-AB33511 2x300W+1x500W Class D Audio Amplifier Board - T-Amp

It's a little unusual in that there is no high pass filtering, just a swappable low pass filter. The outputs to the L and R speaker are full range. Have to admit, I'd like it much better if I stead of a sweepable low pass, it was a 12db/octave crossover, but this project I'm planning on doing is just a portable boom box with battery and AC capabilities.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.