Audax PR330M0

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone used the Audax PR330M0 13" woofer in the past?

I´m looking for a nice low-midwoofer to mate with my Audax PR170M0 mids at about 500hz.
I have read the Audax will sound nice in the midbass and midrange. But I´m a bit worried about the lowend, will it actually play bass well? Or does it sound lean and bass-shy?
I´m not looking for hometheater-duty, just music with a reasonable low-end without the need for a subwoofer.

What would be the best enclosure size?

Best regards,
Olaf

I counted for him the vented volume, but received not very high rates.

Attachments

• VB Response Audax PR330M0.gif
    VB Response Audax PR330M0.gif
    29.2 KB · Views: 347
  • VB Impedance Audax PR330M0.gif
    VB Impedance Audax PR330M0.gif
    32.2 KB · Views: 337
  • VB PortAirSpeed Audax PR330M0.gif
    VB PortAirSpeed Audax PR330M0.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 302
  • VB Excursion Audax PR330M0.gif
    VB Excursion Audax PR330M0.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 324
-increase the volume and lower the vent freq.. I'd target something around 25 Hz for the vent and adjust the volume until I got the low-freq. "slope" that I was looking for.

The Audax PR240M0 could be a better solution for a lot less money. (..it would need to be closer to floor for some boundry gain, and the PR170M0 would need to be extended a bit lower in freq. than its traditional 500 Hz, with an appropriate high-pass filter).

Last edited:
I'd target something around 25 Hz for the volume.
The Audax PR240M0 could be a better solution for a lot less money.

It is impossible to lower the tuning frequency - a failure will appear at the junction between the woofer and the bass reflex pipe. In addition to this failure, the SPL of the bass reflex pipe will fall.
Audax PR240M0 for Audax 170M0 will not work - it is too small in diameter and it SPL has less than 1 watt.

audax has a data sheet with all you need for guidance.
The datasheet was compiled for this speaker in 1994, many years have passed and today there are very accurate programs for calculating the type and volume of the box.

Last edited:
It is impossible to lower the tuning frequency - a failure will appear at the junction between the woofer and the bass reflex pipe. In addition to this failure, the SPL of the bass reflex pipe will fall.
Audax PR240M0 for Audax 170M0 will not work - it is too small in diameter and it SPL has less than 1 watt.

The datasheet was compiled for this speaker in 1994, many years have passed and today there are very accurate programs for calculating the type and volume of the box.

:rofl:

-one of the funniest posts I've ever seen on this forum. (..mostly because it looks to be "serious".)

I answer with google translator. If something is not clear - ask again.

No, the translation was fine. ;) My derived humor from your post was - from a very/(exceedingly) clear lack of experience. (..it's not a big deal, lot's of people on this forum don't have it.) :eek: But it was funny. :D

There is just a *lot* to designing speakers that you are not accounting for:

ex. from "Audax PR240M0 for Audax 170M0 will not work - it is too small in diameter and it SPL has less than 1 watt."

-you can lower the spl-average of the midrange to better match a slightly less efficient woofer. (..and in fact, even the 13" Audax will likely need that given typical baffle-step loss vs the midrange's average, even then there is only about a 2db difference between the two woofers at around 200 Hz, and with the appropriate volume the 10" will actually be louder around 100 Hz because of it's higher Qts..)

Suggestion: do NOT rely on simulation software's targeted response for a bass reflex design. Make adjustments as you require from your design (while understanding the resulting limitations as well). If the simulation software doesn't allow you to make these changes, get another piece of software - because something like that is a "dead end". ;)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.