Looking for suggestions for next diy build, with some constraints

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
As the title says, I'm looking for suggestions on my next diy speaker build.

I currently have a 2-way TQWTL with the Seas Prestige U18RNX/P (H1571) 7" Woofers and the Morel ST 728 Supreme 1-1/8" Soft Dome Tweeters. The speakers are actively bi-amped from a diy Sony VFet amp for the woofers and a diy Aleph J for the tweeters. As a crossover I'm running an active line level crossover (JFet unity gain buffered 18dB/octave at 2200Hz, https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/156094-b1-active-crossover-7.html#post4255228).

For the new speakers I'd like a 2-way bi-amped or a 3-way passive or active/passive hybrid design. I like class A amps, so efficiency should ideally be in the 90's. No DSP, as nice at it may be (I'm not flexibel in this regard, it's gotta be discrete and analogue, or else I won't sleep well). The design of the line level crossover is flexible, and I'm open to anything from ribbons to ring radiators.

As you can see from the pictures, space is a hard constraint. Width is limited to 28cm (11 inches) and depth is limited to about 55cm (22 inches). Height is not really a constraint. The speakers will have to be placed close to the rear wall. Unless I find a new apartment, these limitations are what I can work with.

I've been looking at the Ellam FLEX 3W design by Troels Gravesen Ellam-FLEX-3W to give you an idea of what I'm looking for.

So, thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to your suggestions!

Attachments

• 20181227_081036_HDR.jpg
    20181227_081036_HDR.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 94
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.