Measuring Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Bergarth

Don't make a 'series' connection based on what you've read.

Let's look at your amplifier;
Solid state amp as a voltage source. Lower impedance speakers yield more output. Therefore parallel connection gives more output. Try to match their output to your woofer.

Solid state amp as a current source. There are a few SS amps that behave more like tube amps than SS. Measure both outputs, series vs parallel.

Tube amplifiers are almost always current sources. Having done a series connection for two 'woofers', I can tell you it was spectacular.

Through the years, reviewers have stated; speaker A sounds better with tube amps, speaker B sounds better with SS amps. Two different animals.

The output impedance of your amplifier slightly affects the crossover.

Experiment, experiment, experiment. The joy is in the journey, not the destination.

I picked series because the projected response was smoother than with parallel, and in PCD for Flat as i can get response it shows i need to run the two mids in series and reversed polarity, So thats a first for me lol Wondering if i invert polarity to the one mid or both lol

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.