Two Way Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Crossover problem solved

Just to say many thanks to all who contributed to my various posts.

I finally rebuilt my crossover using the exact Heybrook HB2 circuit from System 7, with all of the bits & pieces sourced from SpeakerBug.

The speakers are now smooth & seamless (to my ears) with the mid-range harshness, particularly in the vocals, eliminated.

Best regards

Ken

Crossover problem solved

I'm away at the moment but will take another photo of the enclosure and the revised crossover when I return.
The crossovers are bulkier than the original units & I haven't been able to find a spot for them in the enclosure, so I've decided to mount them externally then revise the internal wiring to bring both speaker leads out.

Crossover problem solved

Photos attached.

There are actually three partitions. The one in the centre extends to the side wall but this is hidden by the stuffing material (which is long haired sheeps wool)

The bases are river red gum which I was fortunate to be able to source from a supplier in the Southern Highlands (where I live). It probably comes from either Victoria or South Australia

Attachments

• Crossover in Jiffy Box.jpg
    Crossover in Jiffy Box.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Partitions - Transmission Line.jpg
    Partitions - Transmission Line.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Bases.jpg
    Bases.jpg
    761.4 KB · Views: 75
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.