Using CX120-8 (Dayton Audio) as satellite speaker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used the CX120-8 as a midrange and tweeter in a 3-way. The CX120 was mounted in a sealed chamber of about 8 liters of volume and in it, it modeled with an f3 of ~150 Hz and an f6 of ~90 Hz (although since this was a 3-way, the crossover didn't allow the CX120 to play anywhere near that low).
Paul

I am planing to use Dayton Audio CX120-8 as a sattelite speakers. What do you have to say about its enclosure and choice of CX-120-8 as a driver.

I feel they should sound clean and go deep enough like 100 Hz @ -6db with optimally small enclosure.

I did small breakin of speaker for two hours. and measured . it resonance shifted from 88hz to 81 Hz. and slowly is returning to its original resonance frequency.

Used a small enclosure of approx, 2 liters and the bass is remarkably good. There are some unknowns will share as I keep my test on.
One thing , the speakers did sound clean. and happy about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.