looking for FRD ZMA files

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One can use a special tracing program to create their own FRD + ZMA files ( from manufacturers spec sheets if they include this info ).

I used the tracing tool found within VituixCad to create the necessary files.

They are contained within the .dxo ( XSim ) file that I've attached to this post.

You'll need to download & use XSim to get to those frds & zmas.

:)

Attachments

• SBA + ScanSpeak FAST.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 378
No problem.

Play around with the ( Z ) depth measurement ( mod delay ) for the woofer.

I presently have it set (ie; the acoustic center ) to a somewhat unrealistic 3" of depth ( behind the tweeters own AC ).

You'll see that if you lessen that distance of offset, there's less actual summation from the filters.

Having a wide range of summation ( ie; obtained from offsets ) was one reason for choosing a 3 x 3 filter type.

You're ( obviously ) free to choose anything else that catches your fancy ( that you think will work ).

Good Luck!

That 3" was not based in any reality what-so-ever .

I just wanted to see the effect if it was.

Horn/Driver combos typically have their Acoustic Centers behind the woofers ( my actual area of interest ) while dome tweeters typically have their voice-coils ahead of a woofers ( unless the tweeter is attached to a deep waveguide ).

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.