Upgrading My Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone.I've been trying to read as much as possible here but am still not 100 % sure...I have a mint pair of LSA-1 monitors..I just ordered lambs wool to replace the cheap damping material inside...When these were made they had 3 versions,all shared the exact same woofer,moving from silk dome to better Ring Radiator to custom ribbons,adding high end crossover components as well..
I want to do something similar using a silk dome & am unsure about how to choose a tweeter,which I guess I must do before the crossover can be designed..Any advice on choosing a tweeter & also opinions & advice on crossover type,of which I still no nothing about...Thanks very much..

Hi! If I am interpretating your post correctly, you wish to upgrade the silk dome tweeter in your base model. If so, to what type?

Is your purpose simply to improve the speaker or to learn more about loudspeakers and crossovers through the upgrading process?

It would be helpful if you could supply the speaker's specifications and a copy of the existing crossover schematic.

^^^:Galu-correct,just want to improve these as far as they can be taken.I will be removing the drivers to re do the damping material when the wool comes in & get all the info I can off it...
Andersonix:Dampers wool stuffing from Madisound...
Planet 10:Larry Staples the original designer told me in an email yesterday about changing the stuffing & this is exactly what he recommended I use...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.