Dynaudio D-260 tweeter help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,
today I was cleaning my secondhand pair of D260, ready to fit into my Audience 52 as upgrade.
Removing bottom plastic cap I noticed a difference between the two tweeters: one has 6 holes, the other has 3. I hope these are same model but different generations with a little difference in holes...

Can someone expert give me an opinion, please? I'm afraid....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Nice tweeters, I am listening to them now in a pair of Gemini's. I wish I could answer your question, but I am not an expert. My guess is I do not think that it is anything to worry about unless you can hear a difference, which I doubt.
Most people, like me would never know, since we never even try to take the backs off of them.
iirc they only came in one impedance, the labels look the same too.

Last edited:
Hello guys,
today I was cleaning my secondhand pair of D260, ready to fit into my Audience 52 as upgrade.
Removing bottom plastic cap I noticed a difference between the two tweeters: one has 6 holes, the other has 3. I hope these are same model but different generations with a little difference in holes...

Can someone expert give me an opinion, please? I'm afraid....
The six voice coil vent hole unit will probably run a shade cooler, not a big deal except during cymbal solos ;^).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.