Smooth Transition Horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is something I've been working on for some time. Maybe it is time to share the results, as they seem to be quite promising. Later on I can make available the utility that calculates the shape but for now I attach just a brief summary that presents the idea. Hope to find some more time soon...

Of course it is built upon Oblate Spheroid waveguides that Earl Geddes promoted so well for so many years. I don't know how much it loses or gains made this way, I just wanted to try something a bit different this time.

Attachments

• Smooth Transition Horn_v1.pdf
    656.7 KB · Views: 133
I should say that the actual realization of these speakers is done by my friend, Pet007, also a diyaudio member as I see - he can chime in anytime. And the CNC work itself is done by someone different still. Mine is only the idea ;) So right now I'm jealous with you.

Last edited:
What was a bit of surprise to me at first is that when the cross section shape is constructed so that the overall shape is rectangular, it gives something like this...

Attachments

• t_wg_rr_951.png
    t_wg_rr_951.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 895
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.