What will you do with these parts ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

A friend gave me two JBL woofers and two JBL crossovers that were removed from a pair of JBL professional studio monitors. The woofers are in excellent conditions as well as the crossovers.
The crossover frequency is 2600 Hz.

I would like to know what do you suggest I can do with them ?? I am attaching pictures with the parts and crossover diagram. Thanks

20171226_210740.jpg

20171227_122216.jpg

Insufficient information really. What size are the woofers? Any model number? 8", I'd hope.

Is that 2mH coil in the tweeter filter right? 0.2mH would make more sense.

You'd guess these woofers are near 95dB PA types, being JBL. Possibly need a loudish PA horn tweeter. But should be good. Some care gone into the bass filter.

Insufficient information really. What size are the woofers? Any model number? 8", I'd hope.

Is that 2mH coil in the tweeter filter right? 0.2mH would make more sense.

You'd guess these woofers are near 95dB PA types, being JBL. Possibly need a loudish PA horn tweeter. But should be good. Some care gone into the bass filter.

Yes, the woofers are 8" and you are right the coil in the tweeter filter is 0.2 mH. What do you think of these crossovers ??

Is this a JBL 4208?
4200 Series

All looks doable to me. 89dB shielded paper woofer looks easy enough. The crossover should be fine on the bass end. It looks like a waveguide tweeter might work well here. The SEAS DXT might fit the bill.
H1499-06 27TBCD/GB-DXT

Some issue of time alignment maybe. The original seems to be a stepped baffle.

But really, it shouldn't be hard to tag a tweeter on here. Just needs a reasonably loud one around 91dB, IMO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.