Identification needed for no name woofer speaker (DIY bluetooth speaker project)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This woofer was bought to replace used up 30yo speaker.
It have sticker on it, but no information over internet, and claims it's "180w" are hard to believe.
Effective cone area is about 14,5cm, and range of movement is about 2cm (1cm compression until coil touched magnet bottom)
I plan to use it as bluetooth speaker using D class amplifier, however I have no data to calculate case volume needed.
Planned shape will be cylinder with with woofers on sides, not sure if stereo woofer speakers should be separated by the wall.
Also does adding port will decrease required case size? Planned to use front shooting port, if that would be beneficial for the design.
Also speaker photos.

Attachments

• 20171204_202728.jpg
    20171204_202728.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20171204_203621.jpg
    20171204_203621.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 20171204_203630.jpg
    20171204_203630.jpg
    796.4 KB · Views: 93
taith,

If you want to know about the mechanical parameters of this woofer, and therefore, what adequate cabinets would be like you have one of two choices:

1. Identify the woofer, and get the manufacturer's specs
2. Measure.

So I am confused by you insisting we call it a "no name."

If you want to call it a "no name" then you had best find a way to measure it, because there is no way on earth to get the mechanical measurements for it from images.

Best,

E

Hi Taith,

Basic Thiele/Small parameters are usually where people start. You can do this for free with Room EQ Wizard (with a jig) but there's another software package that has a free version people here like.... and I forgot!

Thiele Small Parameters

Once you measure the basic parameters, you can use something like WinISD or even an online calculator to help you with cabinet design. Here is an example online calculator for a sealed box, I'm sure they have a ported calculator too:

mh-audio.nl - Home

Best,

E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.