Ideas for system using vifa Pl22s, please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to locate a set of plans/ideas for a project utilizing one or more Vifa PL22-04 (4 ohm) 8" woofers. I have looked quite hard and have had little luck in finding anything that uses this unit (apart from the Mackie HR monitors).

This will be my first *from the ground up* project where I had to think of a suitable design rather than assembling a kit of parts.

So far, the best starting point seems to be some variation on the kit 281 or 81 plans from Adire which are designed around their proprietary AV8 drivers.

AV8 PL22-04
Fs 35.8 27
Vas 56 56
Qts 0.39 0.34
Qes 0.43 0.37
Qms 5.65 5.91
Xmax 5.6 mm 4mm
EBP 83.3
SPL 89.3 dB 86db
BL 9.06 N/A 10.9
Le 1.15 mH 2.7mH
Re 5.48 ohms 3.2

To my untrained eye it seems like the main differences are that the vifa goes a little lower, and it's 4 ohm vs 8 ohm and the AV8 has a somewhat flatter response, especially between 1-2khz. For a sealed enclosure using 2 PL22s I get a box volume of around 23l vs. 27l for the 281 plans. This gives me an F3 around 60Hz which seems fine for HT use.

I wondered if you could share with me any comments about this proposal or pointers towards other plans. Any suggestions for tweeters that will integrate well with minimal fussing with the crossover?

I would also greatly appreciate a helping hand with the crossover design, especially how one handles two 4 ohm woofers....

Thanks in advance

Philip

[NB: I posted this message to the electronics forum in error; I am not trying to deliberately cross-post.. my apologies]

IP: 68.54.90.xxx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.