an almost "perfect" box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo togehter,
i just simulated a 2-way-box and with a very simple crossover i got a really good result.
That made me sceptical and i looked at different sites for crossover designs. What i found was always more complicated and in my simulation i got worse results than my one.

Here is the Box:
attachment.php

I just see, that quc (my simulator) cutted the paramter d=11 and QL=7 for vented box.

attachment.php

...and here the models i used:
attachment.php

attachment.php

What i'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• 2-way-box-scheme.png
    2-way-box-scheme.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 2-way-box-frequency-answer.png
    2-way-box-frequency-answer.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 571
  • chassis-model.png
    chassis-model.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 580
  • vented-box-model.png
    vented-box-model.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 564
hi, what software is this ?
I'm using qucs. Therefore i created the driver/box models as library components.

The simulation all looks fine, so long as you've got some drivers that are perfectly flat. As soon as you try to work with real drivers that have their own inherent rolloffs etc, it becomes a lot more difficult.
I know, but other simulation software also has only the Thiele Small parameters. Thats why i'm wondering about the (a lot) different results.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
XSim is a very good crossover simulator what will allow you to use real measurement files. You could also build and use those models you have in your schematic, but real measurements are better.
I does not have a box simulator, tho.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.