Replacement Martin audio em25 /26 bass driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey fellow tinkerers!

I have been gifted a set of martin audio em25 /26 loudspeakers, one of the bass drivers dsl840 is fried, and replacement of that particular driver isn't really an option.
So I'm wondering if you guys could help me figure out what a reasonable sounding/affordable (being the priority) replacement driver.

Just want to use these for lil Chuck around parties, in the Aussie bush. I'm pretty impressed with the high end of these lil guys running off an old Australian monitor 1200, mid lows sounded OK on the one speaker with intact bass driver, but it is fairly deteriorated so I expect they could do better.
they look to have quality crossovers, love the sound of that lil horn so ide like to get them going!

Everything I could find about the speakers is screen shot attatched with images.
Happy with second hand drivers if you can think of something common?

I'm in Australia Sydney area if that effects things.

Thanks heaps for any input, I really don't know much about specific drivers etc, I more play with the electrical side of things :)

Lemon

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-15-20-26-49-722_com.xodo.pdf.reader.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-15-20-26-49-722_com.xodo.pdf.reader.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_2017-10-15-20-27-47-217_com.xodo.pdf.reader.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-15-20-27-47-217_com.xodo.pdf.reader.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 133
Practically you have zero information about that woofer (well, it's 8", 8 ohms, 94 dB, handle 125W and works up to 3 kHz, but almost all pro woofers will do that). Any chance you could measure the frequency response, impedance and TSP of that woofer? Then you can start searching for a similar one. If not, you are left with a few options you probably already came up with:

If you want a properly sounding loudspeaker again, you could contact Martin Audio for an original replacement woofer. That will be expensive.

Another way is to buy a generic 8" PA woofer and adjust the crossover to suit the woofer. Not an easy task and you would need measurement gear.

Or just slap in any 8 ohm 94 dB woofer and hope for the best.

Replacing the driver not an option? Is that because of the price?
The DLS840 is actually a Celestion driver, the K8T-100. It was an OEM driver for Martin so doesn't exist according to Celestion! The nearest (almost identical T/S specs) is the TF-0818.

In the UK, the DLS840 is shown as available from one supplier at £172.80.
The TF-0818 is shown at another supplier at £39.99.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.