DIY Half *** Alexia clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll start off with, all the speakers for this build i had laying around from a car audio build that were removed when the car was sold, i thought, why not build some towers with all these bits. Since im no speaker designer and was using passive crossovers for the 3 way part i wanted something to deal with phase alignment, that's when the Alexia style cab was picked, I know some think they are hideous looking, but i like them! These are done and currently working better than expected, in fact i think they are better than anything i've ever been able to afford before! Speakers are Hybrid Audio Legatia SE, LSE8, LSE6 & L1 Pro R2 tweeters, 4th way subs are Digital designs 2500 series SC10's. 10's are in 1.9cu.ft. ported to 38hz. LSE8 are in 3cu.ft. sealed, LSE6 are in .6cu.ft. sealed. Both sealed boxes are stuffed with foam. These are kinda 2 different boxes in 1, as a full range 3 way they are pretty sold down to 41hz. As a 4 way they go down to 35hz, 3db is around 29hz. Passive crossovers are Hybrid Audio LX3, and active 2 way are from my Emotiva XPA preamp. Amps are Emotiva XPA2 Gen 2 for 3 way passive and Crown Macrotech 3600vz for the subs. Graph for phase and response is just the 3 way part, still need to do testing with the 4 way subs on.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Do I detect the delicate yet durable satin shades of gray sandable spray primer in a can? A fine choice, my good man!

Attachments

• Loudfreeker small.jpg
    Loudfreeker small.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 142
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.