Compression horn driver for tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi And thanks for reading this thread.

Can you recommend a compression horn driver for use as a tweeter, from 5khz up to 20khz.

I have a few jbl's, the 2447j (£600) but they are only putting out midrange information. I want a driver with a higher frequency response, because i like the high sensitivity of compression horns. The jbl is 110db@1w/1m

Any recommendations?

Hi And thanks for reading this thread.

Can you recommend a compression horn driver for use as a tweeter, from 5khz up to 20khz.

I have a few jbl's, the 2447j (£600) but they are only putting out midrange information. I want a driver with a higher frequency response, because i like the high sensitivity of compression horns. The jbl is 110db@1w/1m

Any recommendations?

No conventional compression driver is going to be at its best in your intended frequency range. Use a dedicated UHF driver with integral horn, like e.g. a ring radiator. If you want to stay with JBL, there's the 2405H, for instance.

faitalpro-HF108r-f-size475.gif

http://usspeaker.com/images/faitalpro-HF108r-f-size475.gif

wow - that HF108 looks like its worth its money - what horn made that graph? the spec sheet says
"Driver mounted on a 1" 50° x 40° Horn" - its that's the little aluminum tractrix, then I've a pair.

here's something crazy flat I measured - Peavey RX14 on its little round horn (like Eminence's APT80)
- its probably not as sensitive as that Faital driver. IIRC, this driver with horn sold for ~$28 on sale
at Partsexpress, and would be fun for things like a fake "Druid" arrangement.

note how it screws up on the Beta CX horn - also note, Iused just the 3.3uF cap for the round horn trace
- the cx had 0.33mH shunt

vvucY8Q.jpg

aqA2hav.gif

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.