Seeking Wide Bandwidth 1"Compression Driver for Home Stereo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the distortion measurement of the DFM-2535R00-08 on 18Sound XT120 horn again. This time the SPL adjusted to 94dB at 1m, mic distance was also 0.5m.

This looks much better, although still not quite as low as the DNA-360 around 2k-4k Hz. Any time I see over 1% distortion some kind of red flag is raised in my brain...

The power level input is something I had not considered. Good point there. Are you really planning to listen to the driver at 110dB (at 1m) SPL or is that just "headroom"?

This looks much better, although still not quite as low as the DNA-360 around 2k-4k Hz. Any time I see over 1% distortion some kind of red flag is raised in my brain...
But DFM-2535R00-08 has lower distortion between 800 Hz and 1 kHz, which may be more important. At no frequency DFM-2535R00-08 has over 1% distortion. Not bad for a driver with 1/2 price of DNA-360. The moral of the story: DNA-360 is an excellent driver, but there are others which are comparable in distortion - no need for a fairy tales here.

The power level input is something I had not considered. Good point there. Are you really planning to listen to the driver at 110dB (at 1m) SPL or is that just "headroom"?
Another thing which has to be considered is the horn which is attached to a driver. It has to be the same horn. SEOS 12 and 18Sound XT120 = apples and oranges.
You will be surprised how many people are listening to a very loud music.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.