voice controlled wireless speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
when watching android authority's youtube channel, i saw a video about diy assistant speaker (like the google home) with the google assistant using the raspberry pi.
it got me exited because in my house music is playing 24/7 and mostly in portable speaker that we move around, but my problem, is that with the ease of use of bluetooth, you loose a lot of quality, so, i decided to start a project about building a speaker which streams the music to itself using 4g lte cellular data and google assistant/play music to stream and controll.
i'm not that good of a programmer but the software already exist and i'm good with electronics so i think i'll be fine. so the software is there, the electronics will be there and i only need help about building the speaker.
i want it to have actual 360 sound so i thought about building a circular speaker that looks like the apple homepod (probably same width but taller) and i planned to put 2 big drivers at the top and the bottom and 4 tweeters in the sides(the speaker stands).
i prefer to run it on a rechargeable battery...
i would like the quality to be very high and i prefer a good and punchy base.
what do you think? 2 way? 3 way? sealed? passive rad?
there is one more thing.... i found that company (justboom www.justboom.co) which has good support and help, and actual good extensions to the raspberry. they make a 2*20w amp(hifi) and a analog/digital hat.... would the amp be enough for the loud volume (still good quality) i'm expecting? or i should use the digital/analog hat with a separate amp? is there a crossover that will fit inside or i should use 2/3 separate filters?
tnx,
nadav

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.