Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Audax pr170mo Woofer selection... which 15 inch woofer 98db eff...
Audax pr170mo Woofer selection... which 15 inch woofer 98db eff...
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th June 2017, 09:06 PM   #11
ICG is offline ICG  Germany
diyAudio Member

The Faital Pro 15PR400 is very good, that's correct. It does not go that deep linear though, that driver also prefers smaller enclosures and higher f3.

Audax pr170mo Woofer selection... which 15 inch woofer 98db eff...-faital-pro-15pr400-210l-br-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Faital Pro 15PR400 210l BR.jpg (74.8 KB, 179 views)
Old 19th June 2017, 09:41 PM   #12
turboyam is offline turboyam  Canada
diyAudio Member

The Audax PR-170MO is an awesome mid. It's efficiency tho is closer to 95db/w. I would use an Audax woofer as they simply make great drivers!.
You can pad down the mids and tweeters to match.
Old 19th June 2017, 09:49 PM   #13
picowallspeaker is offline picowallspeaker  Italy
diyAudio Member

The silk ( 96 dB) and titanium dome ( 94 dB) tweeters from Audax are a good match too.
Old 20th June 2017, 02:06 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by picowallspeaker View Post
The silk ( 96 dB) and titanium dome ( 94 dB) tweeters from Audax are a good match too.
The Audax PR125T1 (silk dome with horn) is not a good partner for the mid, it has to be crossed over at at least 3kHz (better >3,5) and the PR170M0 already starts to resonante there. For the TW025A28 the spl is too low (93dB@2kHz) and it got a very wide dip between 6,5 and 9kHz where it only reaches 90dB. About which one were you taking?

IMO a horn or WG and a compression driver would be a much better choice. At least it can keep up with the dynamics of the other drivers.
Old 20th June 2017, 04:14 AM   #15
picowallspeaker is offline picowallspeaker  Italy
diyAudio Member

No professional series, I was talking of the TW 025 line -The gold one is rated 97 dB/W/m They have all a sort of horn ( waveguide it is )
Then you forget, dear ICG, that after filtering, the speaker lose some dB's

Same as OP that thinks that "his crossover" ( see parallel thread ) can't manage to cut some amplitude from the tweeter
Old 20th June 2017, 05:37 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
No professional series, I was talking of the TW 025 line -The gold one is rated 97 dB/W/m They have all a sort of horn ( waveguide it is )
The Audax PR125T1 isn't actually a professional driver, that's for power-HIFI. And I can't say I like what I'm seeing at the data sheet (PDF). Look at the waterfall decay measurement, there are horn drivers that are cheaper, louder, got a better linearity + decay and are able to cross over lower (i.e. Kenford Comp 34 + HL607).

The gold one does not have a horn or WG and it's rated with a lower SPL, look at the Audax datasheet:

Audax pr170mo Woofer selection... which 15 inch woofer 98db eff...-tw025a28-3-jpg

Quote:
Then you forget, dear ICG, that after filtering, the speaker lose some dB's

Same as OP that thinks that "his crossover" ( see parallel thread ) can't manage to cut some amplitude from the tweeter
*stunned*

You are right, you'll lose a few dB there too. You can't just mix some drivers, shake a bit and expect it to be linear. And since you can't increase the level passive, it HAS to go down. Except if you found the absolute perfect drivers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tw025a28-3.jpg (271.1 KB, 221 views)

Last edited by ICG; 20th June 2017 at 05:39 AM.
  Reply to this post

Audax pr170mo Woofer selection... which 15 inch woofer 98db eff...Hide this!Advertise here!