Use of Component speakers for mid/high on an Open Baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for your answer... but I will be more specific... Is there any limitation in using a car audio component system for mids and highs in an open baffle speaker? The alphas already handle the bass perfectly. My concern is if the component's midbass can be used to handle the midrange and the tweeter the highs..

Thanks for your response... no problem with that... the alphas are also wired in parallel for a 4 ohm impedance and the amps that I am using can handle 4 ohm loads.. I am bi amping the system.. active xover between the alphas and the Morel Tempo midbass units and the passive xover between the midbass units and the tweeters..

Joined 2008
Paid Member
The Eminence alpha 15A are designed for bass-mid or mid range in closed casing.

Ahhhh !!! One lone voice of reason besides myself !!!

Hallo landsman, I was almost ready to give up on endlessly trying to get my fellow speaker building enthusiasts to undersatnd about frontwave/backwave cancellation. Some will just NEVER "get it"

Last edited:
Ahhhh !!! One lone voice of reason besides myself !!!

Hallo landsman, I was almost ready to give up on endlessly trying to get my fellow speaker building enthusiasts to undersatnd about frontwave/backwave cancellation. Some will just NEVER "get it"
Im sorry... maybe I do not understand.. are you saying or stating with your comment that the Alphas are not capable to be used as open baffle drivers or do you acknowledge the use?

Although this was not the main theme here, I want to state for the ones skeptic about the alphas... I have 2 per channel in parallel and measured in room with a tone sweep using REW, I am getting bass response down to 24Hz due to the room gain. I just put a high pass filter at 30 Hz with a 12db/oct slope to kill a peak of a room mode... so, yes.. I have proof of that and I am getting satisfying bass out of my open baffle. Obviously I have to stay in front of them or behind them... on the sides is null, which brings us to the benefit of minimal interaction with the side walls...

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Although this was not the main theme here, I want to state for the ones skeptic about the alphas... I have 2 per channel in parallel and measured in room with a tone sweep using REW, I am getting bass response down to 24Hz due to the room gain. I just put a high pass filter at 30 Hz with a 12db/oct slope to kill a peak of a room mode... so, yes.. I have proof of that and I am getting satisfying bass out of my open baffle. Obviously I have to stay in front of them or behind them... on the sides is null, which brings us to the benefit of minimal interaction with the side walls...

What size is your baffle board ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.