OHM Acoustics "Walsh F" Speaker remakes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't know if anyone is stumbling into this forum, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10HjqHXpZtU&feature=youtu.be

These are my V.3's using 5mil litho aluminum as mentioned not far back. Not perfect, but that's why I'm working towards V.4's with better 'everything'. *G*

Can't recommend using the 5mil for a 10" base cone dia. unless you use a big az driver. Even then you'll likely have something 'bass heavy' and not a lot of highs. There's a good reason the A's and F's had multi-part cones and all sorts of 'magic' applied within and without. They're a difficult trick to pull off; ask Dale Harder @ HHR....

I've opted to 'spoof' the German Physiks DDD and go with a sub for the lower frequencies (about 150 and down). My cones are just a tad larger, however...

Enjoy....PM me if you'd like. *S*

So I've been lurking on this thread for a few months now... haven't had much to contribute till now: I have a lead to a pair of OHM F-2000 replacement drivers and shrouds that the owner has recently outgrown (may have upgraded to F-5000?). The F-2000 are about 3 years old, and they don't come with the cabinet. I currently have a set of Ohm-1's and a set of Ohm-2's, but the new cans are too big to fit on those boxes. So my question is this, assuming the drivers are in good shape, how difficult will it be to build cabinets for them? Does anyone have an original cabinet they could measure and peek inside? I'm handier with wood than with electronics, so I'm thinking I could build and veneer a reasonable facsimile box. Then again, I've read that the F-2000 and other Legacy replacement/upgrades have a super-tweeter inside the can that crosses over at about 10Khz, so is there a crossover or some sort of signal-divider control board inside the can or inside the cabinet? If so, do I need to build or buy a passive crossover to get the Walsh cone and super-tweeter working together?

Thanks in advance for any information you can share,

Six.

hey Walsh fans! Hey Mamboni!

is anyone still interested in this thread? I'd like to build a pair but neither the Pioneer woofer nor the Tang Ban tweeter are still in production. the alternative woofers from partsexpress.com are all over the map when you start comparing specs against the original pioneer driver. Before I just dive in I was wondering if there are replacement suggestions and if not, how should I prioritize the specs when i consider options? Freq response, volume, Q options, something else?

is anyone who built a pair still happy and enjoying them?

if there are other options i should try let me know!

thanks!

thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.