spendor sa1 mk1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all- so ive got a pair of spendor sa1 mk1-ah -you think- red alnico bass unit rather than the later ferro version- but no- a pink alnico bass driver
also the milling around the tweeter is perfect- not slotted like the usual- i want to sell soon but would appreciate any info on them as they must be very rare

I had a pair a long time ago. The build quality of mine was fairly poor, Spendor going through a bit of a bad patch at the time. They were a sort of larger LS3/5a. Highly rated but quite rare. Worked best away from walls. I liked the accuracy of them but found them a bit uninvolving after a while. I think I have moved away from that 1970's British sound. When I bought them in the late 70's (from memory) they were £160. I took the foam out from the centre of the cabinet (left the rest in) which I preferred.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.