Klippel R&D Measurement Methodology

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I realize this question may only cater to a few but I sure would love some input from anyone experienced in transducer/Klippel R&D measurement. I'm having trouble with optical measurements of dome mid-range and compression drivers since the diaphragm is obfuscated to any laser that tries to measure mechanical displacement. Thus, I can't get reliable data in the excursion domain.

Does anyone have experience with this type of issue?

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. I dotted the dome and was able to get LPM data with low fitting errors, about 2%.

The trouble with the domed mid range is getting a proper Bl curve in the large signal module in Klippel. I was pondering it last night and I think it may have to do with Gsmall and the passband of the stimulus signal. Perhaps I was too conservative with the protection parameters and need to drive a larger signal to the DUT.

I will look into this today and see if the force is with me.

It's been a while but thought I should at least update.

I was able to get decent results by drilling a 6mm hole in the back of the dome cover (now the laser can "see" the diaphragm) and test the unit in a vacuum chamber (nullifies compliance changes from the hole in the compression chamber and that's how CDs should be measured anyway). Lastly, I did this on Klippel SCN instead of R&D since the SCN's laser control unit allows for much finer focussing.

The downside is you have to sacrifice a unit (or replace the dome cover) in order to measure the transducer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.