New midrange from Beyma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks promising

LOW & MID FREQUENCY 10MCF400Nd | Beyma

http://www.audioxpress.com/article/...igh-Efficiency-Options-at-Prolight-Sound-2016

For high efficiency applications in the mid frequency range, two new and very special models were introduced and immediately caught the attention of many visitors to Beyma’s booth in Frankfurt. The new 6MCF200Nd mid-range driver and 10MCF400Nd shallow mid-range driver. Both are high efficiency speakers, designed and manufactured with a carbon fiber cone, which features an excellent mass/rigidity ratio becoming a very adequate material for loading applications in order to increase the efficiency of any system. Both drivers feature cast aluminium sealed frames, which completely isolate the moving parts from the back of the driver, simplifying cabinet design. Both units also deliver an extremely efficient, and linear working band focused to the mid frequency range of line array and high performance systems.

Last edited:
this new driver looks more interesting to me:

producto_12128_2c.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I think Beyma would better to hire a good photographer. their products just look awful in pictures but not in reality

I would very much like to pick up a pair of those... when will they hit the market (in the USA)? I only found them for sale in the UK for over 400 Euros each. :(

You would think that, for this kind of money, they would be able to make the front edge of the mounting ring look a little nicer! It looks like a $20 driver with some half-falling-off foam gasket, which will not be used unless it's rear mounted (forming a big cavity!). Hello, Beyma engineering?

Last edited:
Looks promising

LOW & MID FREQUENCY 10MCF400Nd | Beyma

Beyma Expands Product Catalogue with High-Efficiency Options at Prolight+Sound 2016

For high efficiency applications in the mid frequency range, two new and very special models were introduced and immediately caught the attention of many visitors to Beyma’s booth in Frankfurt. The new 6MCF200Nd mid-range driver and 10MCF400Nd shallow mid-range driver. Both are high efficiency speakers, designed and manufactured with a carbon fiber cone, which features an excellent mass/rigidity ratio becoming a very adequate material for loading applications in order to increase the efficiency of any system. Both drivers feature cast aluminium sealed frames, which completely isolate the moving parts from the back of the driver, simplifying cabinet design. Both units also deliver an extremely efficient, and linear working band focused to the mid frequency range of line array and high performance systems.

Indeed. Both look very good.

The 10" looks like it could be a great midrange match for the TPL-150H crossing at 2kHz or so, in a 3 or 4-way system. Which is exactly what I need. Timing sucks, though :mad: as I decided to go the midrange horn route and bought the drivers...

In fact the 6" might be interesting for horn loading.

I will eagerly wait for listening reports on these. Although price is quite high, if they are special I would be willing. At the end of the day the tweeter is more expensive and the midrange is where music lives, right?

Thanks for bringing them up.

Mundorf, Aurum Cantus, AMT, ESS, you name it
have you ever take look at Aurum Cantus AST25120?

It would be interesting to know if someone made direct listening comparisons of the tpl with other amts. What i have read so far, is that the ESS is that good as the Beyma. The mundorfs might have similar performance as the Beymas.

this new driver looks more interesting to me:

producto_12128_2c.jpg

000008558.jpg

I think Beyma would better to hire a good photographer. their products just look awful in pictures but not in reality

the 10MCF400Nd can be employd from ~ 400hz up. A good crossover frequency would be probably 500hz. To cover imho only from 500hz to 1,8khz, i don't know if it would have sucha a superior performance compared to the 12p80nd to make it worth. One more crossover point might be not so good... The beauty of the performance of the 12p80nd/tpl is precisely that just two speakers cover a wide frequency range, only a sub is required. With that midrange, someone would have to go at least 3 ways..... and with the 6", you had to cross about 600hz..... who knows, maybe transients of these midranges might be spectacular. BL of 28......

I find these two new carbon woven not so interresting : look at the resonance peaks in the harmonics curves + size of the cone to see when they beam : without complicate work they have a veryshort usefull frequency range ! Fs is too low each time in relation to their size !

of course. what alternatives ? mundorf ?

I own those Beyma TPL150 and like them, but find ribbons Raal 150-14 way more refined ( hifi :p) though cannot play so loud and must be crossed above 2khz.

Btw, this Beyma midranger looks interesting, though Beyma frequency response graphs from 20 to 120 dbs look the ones (not) published by PHL. If they have some concerns about exhibiting some flaws, better show nothing instead of trying play cats and mice the way they have always done...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.