Thetilkos speakers for electronic/house music

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I decided to build my first DIY project, because I can´t find the right speakers with the right design, so I need some help as I go. I did read a lot about the topic, done some calculations and done some 3d models but I would still like someone to confirm my decisions. I will be driving the speakers with my Vincent SP-331.

I have my eyes on those drivers:

1.1 Dayton Audio RS225P-8
1.2 Dayton Audio RS150P-8
1.3 Dayton Audio RS28A-4

Or:
2.1 Dayton Audio RS225P-4
2.2 Dayton Audio RS150P-4
2.3 Dayton Audio RS28A-4

So there are two questions. Should I go with 4 or eight ohms and should I go for a ported or sealed enclosure with my amp and electronic music in mind?

Disabled Account
Joined 2014
The best thing you can do at this stage is to download the UNIBOX spreadsheet and try some of your ideas, it will show you the differance with different enclosure sizes, drivers and styles (e.g. ported vs sealed etc). It has a very large data bass of drivers, should yours not be there as long as you have the TS parameters its easy to add them.
The choice between 4/8 ohms is more to do with matching the amplifier you have in mind or arrangement of multiple drivers if thats what your considering !

@sreten I like the ZDT3.5 design. Can anyone recommend a different tweeter in about 20-40usd range that won’t require changes in the electronics and improve quality of sound. And would it hurt if I change the rs180 with rs225. I find them to be great beasts. :D Or at least one on each speaker. Would that require me to change the crossover and speaker volume or would it be ok?

Last edited:
@sreten I like the ZDT3.5 design. Can anyone recommend a different tweeter in about 20-40usd range that won’t require changes in the electronics and improve quality of sound. And would it hurt if I change the rs180 with rs225. I find them to be great beasts. :D Or at least one on each speaker. Would that require me to change the crossover or would it be ok? I would recalculate the volume difference.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.