Do I have to use screws

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering do i have to use screws on the outside of the box or can i get a way with just glueing & clamping the sides & front ,back of a box together

I am going to use shelf braces + corner bracing inside. I plan to screw these in .

Am trying to get away from using filler in holes . I cant get it to look right .

I hate sanding as well

you don't have to use screws at all

the glue is far stronger than the wood anyway all the screws are there for is to hold the joints together whilst it is setting

just make sure your edges are perfectly straight and clean and you'll have no problems with just clamping them together

if you've got a perfect joint on the panels of your box you won't need corner bracing either it just takes up more volume in the box

I accidentally glued my fingers together with Superglue as a kid once. It held well -- really well -- without screws. It probably would have held even better with screws, but I chose not to try it. :whazzat:

And having to use the palm sander on my fingertips would have been a bear, I'll agree.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.